Picking up the pieces of after a fire isn’t easy. Facing devastation to your property and personal belongings can be very traumatic. All the while, you are dealing with insurance agents, adjusters, a confusing claims process. You have a million questions that need answered.
Where do I start?
Call FireStorm. Our compassionate team of specialists will help you pick up the pieces and start putting your life together. FireStorm will walk you through the claims process. We will assist in correct property and content evaluation. We will restore your property to pre-accident condition.
- Clean and protect chrome trim on kitchen appliances with a light coating of Vaseline or other oil.
- Open windows for ventilation.
- Change furnace filter .
- Empty freezer and refrigerator completely if electricity is off and prop doors open. Comprise a list of food being disposed .
- Clean and protect smoked bathroom faucets , tub fittings, and towel bars with light coating of oil.
- Pour antifreeze in toilet bowls, sinks, and tubs to prevent freezing if heat is off in the winter.
- Wash plants with water and small amount of dish soap on both sides of leaves .
- Call FireStorm Restoration Services to deal with heating system .
- Remove pets to clean environment and bathe with pet hygiene products and conditioner.
Do Not …
- Do not clean walls , ceilings or other surfaces . Improper cleaning supplies and techniques will cause further damage to surface areas.
- Do not use upholstered furniture.
- Do not use televisions, stereos, or electrical appliances until cleaned and checked.
- Do not clean smoked garments. Improper cleaning may set smoke and odor. Contact FireStorm Restoration Services to handle dry cleaning as not all cleaners are trained and specialize in this area of damage.
- Do not use exposed food items and canned goods which have been exposed to excessive heat.
- Do not wait to call for professional help from FireStorm Restoration Services. Calling promptly will insure a swift restoration process and eliminate further damage.